Write out the names of your characters and explain
1) how you thought of their name
2) what made you create the character in the first place
3) how the character has changed over time (if they have changed)
4) any random fun fact about that character
Keya Aleksandrovna Sunduri Pendragon
1. WELL. Let's go through this one at a time, shall we? Her first name was a name that a friend accidently called me once, so when I needed a name, I remembered that one. Her first middle name was a late add-on, because after sorting out her family tree, I decided to give a little hint to some previous ancestry, even though it's being used wrong, but that wasn't her fault (and it was on purpose). Her second middle name is all down to her mother being a bit of a hippie and making up a name that she'd want to call her. Lastly I'm not sure why I chose that as her last name, only to reflect more heritage, her last name is her mother's name as she was raised by her mother!
2. She was created as a girlfriend for Savage!
3. Oh god, a lot, especially physically. She used to be a lot taller, and a lot thinner, stick-ish thing. Her hair was pretty much straight, not the puffball it is now and her ears were a lot shorter and didn't have the black tips to them. Also she had two of three more tattoos that I eventually scrapped. Oh and her spots were bigger... hah.
4. She's a not-very-closet trekkie, she loves "birch juice", and can't wear high heeled shoes because they hurt her feet and she has no balance with them.
1. Saul's first name is actually a nod to another famous Saul, though most know of him as Slash. His second name just came to me and it stuck, after doing some research and made sure it was a real name, it comes from "Le Strange" meaning foreign I think, so he's of French stock!
2. I made him to be an army buddy for Nik at first, which is what he is, the weirdo.
3. He's not changed a great deal really, I draw his nose a little different now. Personality wise, he's got weirder, but that's just because I've filled in more of the blanks as I've went lol
4. He likes to walk around his house naked, and sunbathe naked in his garden. He lost his left arm from just above the elbow when a carbomb exploded by him and the unit he was with. Oh, and he's kinda addicted to Oxycontin, go him!
Pjotr (Petya) Dmitrievich Korsakov - пётр дмитриевич корсаков
1. I vaguely remembered someone from a cartoon with that name from when I was in my teens and had liked it since then, his middle name is just a patronymic! His last name was actually ganked from a Gogol song at first ("Suddenly" being the song), I looked through a million other names then decided I liked the first one best after all.
2. Petya was an accident haha. He just started out as someone random who threw a can at Gosha's head then I liked him too much and I kept him.
3. He's got steadily stupider and stupider...
4. He's got a rotten memory and can forget how old he is. He's also a biiiiiiiiit of a racist lol
Henrietta (Ettie) Purrmalainen
1. Ettie was the first name that came to mind when I drew her first, after that I just looked for names that could be shortened to Ettie. I'm not sure why I decided on that last name hah hah.
2. Another example of me thinking that I just want to draw someone at random, then ending up keeping them.
3. She's not really changed much at all!
4. She is an excellent cook and likes to try native foods wherever she goes. She collects string instruments and learns to play every one. Her pride and joy is a sitar.
1. I just dug around for one that'd fit, the second name is nothing to do with me haha.
2. He was the result of a 'what if' that stuck, and i'm glad it did, rabid little thing.
3. If anything he's got a little crazier from his dad's side, other than that he's pretty much the same from the day he was thought up!
4. Jaska has sharp teeth like his daddy and chews on EVERYTHING as a kid. Cutlery, furniture, people... He's scared of thunder, and his favourite hiding place is under his bed, no matter what he's hiding from.
Damn, I ramble a lot...
Listening to: my sanity slip awaaaaay
Reading: between the lines
Watching: what I eat
Playing: the fool
Eating: my words
Drinking: the blood of your ancestors